Lime Butter Cream Icing with Candied Jalapeno and Candied Ginger
This lovely combination of buttercream, lime and the sweet and spicy kick from the candied jalapenos and candied ginger come together as a mini symphony of flavours and aromas!
Best combined with our “Death by Chocolate and Carolina Reaper Muffins” recipe!
Total: 15- 20 mins
Prep: 15 mins
Yield: Icing for 12 muffins
- 100 gr softened butter
- 200 gr confectioner sugar
- 40 gr candied jalapeno
- 20 gr candied ginger
- Zest of one lime
- Juice of ½ Lime
- Leave butter out the fridge at room temperature to soften.
- Finely dice half of the candied jalapeno and half of the candied ginger, reserving the remaining half for decorating.
- Zest one whole lime, cut in half and juice the one half. Reserve the other half for other uses or sliced thinly for plate decoration.
- Combine the softened butter, powdered sugar, the diced candied jalapeno and candied ginger, zest of lime and lime juice in a bowl and whip with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy. If needed, add 1 tbsp boiling water to help the frosting cream together.
- Allow muffins to cool completely. Then frost with the icing with a small spatula or piped using a pastry bag.
- Decorate the top of each muffin with 3 slices of candied jalapeno and three julienned slices of candied ginger. Add thinly sliced rings or half rings of lime to the plate as additional decoration.